Monday, February 11, 2013

33 Things I Want My Daughter to Know . . . at Age 7


"One of the greatest gifts I've ever gotten is my daughter."
-Ace Frehley


Never inconvenience someone else to make things easier on yourself.

Things aren't always good or bad. Some things just are.

You have star quality. And everyone who meets you sees it.


Don't ever hide how smart you are.



If someone picks on you, compliment something about them. They clearly need the reassurance.

When your nose crinkles when you smile, it makes my heart happy.

When I tell you to brush your teeth, it is not meant as a punishment.

You have good instincts. Trust them.

Worry less. Dance more.

You have one of the sweetest, most caring hearts I have ever known.

When you cross your arms, you look just like O'Ma.

The term is actually "at least." But you're so cute when you say "ackleast," I can't bring myself to correct you.

Earrings change everything.

Your big brother worries about you more than he lets on.

You will change the world. Of this I am certain.

When you dance in a group, I don't watch anyone but you.

You can fight it all you want, but your best colors are light blue and pink.

I look forward to hearing your bedtime prayers each night. They are so heartfelt. I know God looks forward to them too.

Always sing loudly. If I could sing like you, I would.

Be picky when it come to boys. You can afford to.

Honesty is good. But choose your words carefully.

I know I make you mad sometimes, but everything I say to you is because I love you.

There is no prize for the person who uses the most bath towels.

You're my hero for knowing the words to every song by Stevie Nicks.

If you look for the good in other people, you'll find it.

In so many ways, I want to be just like you when I grow up.

Always say "thank you."

You are responsible for you. Don't blame other people.

Let your daddy hug and kiss you. Just do.

You are beautiful, but that's not why people love you.

At some point, you're going to think you want bangs. Take a week to think about it.

Jeans are always appropriate. Amen.
 
I didn't realize how much I wanted a daughter until I met you.

 
Post a Comment