Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Cookie Monster



Today I'm getting all of my ingredients together so I can bake tomorrow. I realize this is not the type of thing I usually say on the blog . . . or anywhere else, for that matter. But there's a cookie swap at my church this weekend, and I'm going to participate if it kills me.

I'm supposed to bake five dozen cookies, which might as well be eleventy-twenty kabazillion cookies for all the baking experience I have, but I am determined. I'm gathering my butter and my flour and my sugars (both brown and white), and I'm going to bake cookies until I hit five dozen or I burn the house down.

My weapon of choice for the event is a potato chip cookie, because it's the only cookie I've ever baked from scratch. Ever. In my life. (God bless you, Mr. Pillsbury.) 


Paired with a Dr. Pepper, potato chip cookies make a fine breakfast. However, your healthcare professional may disagree.

If you don't hear from me tomorrow, it's because I'll be creaming butter and sugar (whatever that means) and trying to disable the smoke alarm.

Wish me luck!
Post a Comment