Monday, November 19, 2012

I'm Okay, You're Okay

"So I'm OK with myself, with history, my work, who I am and who I was."

--Sidney Poitier 

Considering I've had four different people ask me in as many days how I'm doing, I figured I should probably update the blog. Maybe I need a new lipstick color. Or maybe there was a story on the news that someone with my name was in a horrible accident. Or maybe I'm just giving off some serious pouty mojo these days. 

I assure you all that I'm fine. I just haven't had anything blog-worthy to share. But since there appears to be some concern, I'll share what's been on my mind lately.
I might get my hair cut short again. Not super short. Maybe about chin length. But I kind of like that it's getting longer. Who knows? But I can promise that I'll be keeping my bangs. I've tried life without bangs, and it's not a good look for me.
Mo got mad at her swing and said something very inappropriate to it. I had to bite my cheek to keep from laughing, but now I'm concerned that I'm failing miserably at this parenting thing.
I'm looking forward to holiday get-togethers. I may be a little anti-social, but even I like a party every once in a while.
I thought I had conquered the bird phobia, so I put my finger in the birdcage at Mo's dance studio. When the bird scooted over to me, though, I jerked my finger back so fast I almost knocked the cage over. Clearly, there is work to be done.
Jack told me this joke the other day: "How do you wake up Lady Gaga? Poke 'er face." I'm not sure if it's the joke that cracks me up or the fact that Jack told it, but I laugh every time I think of it.
I think my car may be on its last leg. I'll be sad to see it go.

I love my sister. She is my best friend. I hope she reads this and knows how strong I think she is.
I'm putting together a readers theater piece for the Advent season for the drama group at church. It's a compilation of letters exchanged between Dietrich Bonhoeffer and his fiancee Maria von Wedemeyer while he was in prison. You talk about perspective? These people had it.
I have no idea what I'm getting most people for Christmas. I may be starting to stress.

Sadly, that's all I've got. I'm hopeful that the holidays will give me something fun to discuss here at A Drop in the Bucket.

I haven't been doing the 30 days of thanks this November. But today, I am thankful for friends who randomly send me "Are you okay?" emails. Hugs to each of you.


Until next time, happy Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment