Thursday, September 6, 2012

An Invitation . . . A Plea . . . to My Facebook Friends

"Social networking helps reach people easier and quicker."


--Bill Cosby

I have decided that I am a prisoner to Facebook. And it doesn't have anything to do with the Timeline, which I hate. There's just too much going on there. Between the apps and the games and the pictures and the political manifestos, it's just too much. I can't get to the info I need.

I log in to Facebook wanting to find out whose kids are in what grade, who's getting married/divorced, who's having babies, who died, and who got fat. And I want to be able to send a quick message to groups of people easily. That's pretty much it.

I want to break up with Facebook, but it's the social medium that most of my friends use. I'm stuck. I want to stay connected to my people. As soon as the majority of my friends are on Twitter and/or Instagram, I am leaving Facebook forever.

So, please, people, I am begging: Join me on Twitter and/or Instagram. It's so happy on Twitter. You can look through 5,000 tweets in a few minutes, 'cause they're only 140 characters. If you have something to say that takes more characters than that, send an email, start a blog. You don't have to read what your first-grade teacher's niece's dog has done unless you really want to. If you have something important to say, link to it, and then whoever wants to read it is free to do so. On Instagram, you can post and view all the pictures your precious little heart desires. And if you love Facebook, you can link your accounts to Facebook, and all your info travels from one app to the next seamlessly.

It's all so polite.

I don't usually rant on things. Maybe it's the cloudy weather, maybe it's the fact that I have the sniffles. I love staying in touch with friends young and old. I just don't want to do it on Facebook anymore. <crosses arms across chest and pouts>

My media of choice are Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/kbroddey) and Instagram (http://followgram.me/kbroddey).


Please, join me. We have candy.
Post a Comment