Sunday, June 10, 2012

Because You Were Wondering

"Interdependence is and ought to be as much the ideal of man as self-sufficiency. Man is a social being."

--Mahatma Gandhi


I'm linking up with A Complete Waste of Makeup today for their first Social Sunday, because let's face it: This is need-to-know info.


Sunday Social


How did you come up with your blog name? 
It started out with the bucket list idea . . . and then I realized that I wouldn't be checking items off the list every week, so what the heck would I write about? In a random Internet search, I was reminded of the book "How Full Is Your Bucket," which talks about how everyday enriching activities add to the general positivity of your life (or your bucket). While I don't do many crazy, adventurous things, my life is full of amazing people and moments. This blog is my chance to introduce others to the concept. Every little thing that happens is one more drop in the bucket.

What is your favorite thing about blogging? 
I love meeting someone new or running into someone I haven't seen in a while and having them say, "I love reading your blog." It's nice to know that I'm not just talking to myself.

I've also found that blogging is pretty therapeutic. It helps me organize the thoughts jumbled up in my head . . . and it's way cheaper than therapy.

What is one thing you have discovered because of blogging and now can't live without? 
Pinterest. I read about it on another blog, and now I'm addicted. Seriously. It may be a problem. 

Facebook or Twitter? And why? 
Twitter. It's quick and to the point. If you have something to say and it takes more than 140 characters, start a blog. 

If one celeb read your blog who would you want it to be? 
Zooey Deschanel. My blog will be required reading for research when she is cast as me in the movie of my life.

What is something you want people to know about your blog? 
I might share too much. I really try to edit myself. Often unsuccessfully.


Post a Comment