Monday, March 5, 2012

Motivation Monday


 "I never found a sound as sweet
As the tippity tippity tap of happy feet."
--Dean Martin, "Happy Feet"


I'm excited to introduce a new segment on A Drop in the Bucket. Every Monday, I will be posting some random photo or project to keep me (and hopefully you) motivated. Expect lots of items from Pinterest, because, let's face it, Pinterest is the home of all things inspirational and motivational. Follow my boards. I'll follow you back, and we'll have big fun!

Today's motivation, however, is my own. Even though today is cold and windy, we've had several days here in SC recently that have been warm and sandal-worthy. So, to motivate myself to prepare for all things summer in the South, I am preparing batches of my world-famous (okay, family-famous) foot scrub.

Seriously, this stuff is amazing! And it's so cheap and easy to make that it almost isn't even fair to those expensive spa treatments.
The makings of a fabulous foot scrub.
All you need is sea salt, mineral oil and whatever scent you like. Lemon is my favorite, so I'll use a lemon essential oil and then add a little bit of lemon zest just to make it legit.

You can also see in the photo the little containers I use. I tend to change up my scents, so I use tiny containers that don't last all summer so I can make another batch with another fragrance.

Fill your container 3/4 full of sea salt. Add mineral oil in small amounts until it seeps through the salt, reaches the bottom of the container and is level with the amount of sea salt.. Add about 6-8 drops of your fragrance oil. (The kids love coming up with different scent combinations.) If you want lemon zest, grate a little of that in. Gently stir it all together, and viola!! You've got a fabulous foot scrub to get your feet flip-flop ready.

Don't tell anybody, but I also use it on my hands, my elbows, and my knees. Love it.

Massage a small amount into your skin, rinse with warm water and pat dry with a cloth. Fabulous!!

Just be careful if you use it in the shower. It will cause a serious slipping hazard if you don't clean up all that oil afterward.
Post a Comment