Monday, March 19, 2012

Motivation Monday: Antique Candlestick Holders


“Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it onto future generations.”

--George Bernard Shaw

We went through some of Grandmama's stuff last night. It was difficult, but we had a wonderful time remembering.

I'll highlight some of the things I brought home another time, but for today's Motivation Monday, I just had to share these candlestick holders that I got from Grandmama.


Aside from the sweet, Springtime colors, I love that Grandmama got them from her mother. Anything that passes from generation to generation is a treasure. And while I have no idea where I will put them in my house (they could go most anywhere), you can be sure I will enjoy the heck out of them before handing them off to one of my children or grandchildren.

Do you have a special treasure that was passed down to you? Or one that you plan to pass down to your grandchildren?
Post a Comment