Sunday, February 5, 2012

Old Age Ain't for Sissies

I am not afraid of aging, but more afraid of people's reactions to my aging.
--Barbara Hershey


Note: This post is a paid sponsorship, but all opinions are 100% my own. 


Jack brought a book home from the library this week that is an encyclopedia of every gross function or characteristic of the human body. It covers everything from vomit to poop, and it's completely disgusting. So of course, we all read it voraciously. It's sad because it's true.
Jack thinks there is no greater insult than to tell Mo that she has a "zit." (Any bump on the skin qualifies.) And Mo loves to remind Jack that he will one day have hair in his pits. 

Apparently, in their eyes, all grown-ups with completely normal body functions are just big containers of nasty.

And when I think about it, I almost have to agree. Why does getting older have to be so hairy and smelly and saggy? My Dr. Pepper addiction has done nothing to help whiten my teeth, and I have to admit that I don't shave my legs as much as I probably should because it's such a pain.


Check out this image.
It discusses how skin care has changed through the years.
Exfoliating with sandpaper? No thanks.
So when the folks at Syneron Beauty asked me to look into their Tanda line of products, I was intrigued. They offer anti-aging light therapy products, teeth-whitening implements, acne removal products and permanent (really? You promise?) hair removal technology.



I wouldn't run right out and buy all of the products at once (they range in price from $49 to $395), but it sure is nice to know things like that exist. I'm saving up for the mÄ“ elos professional hair removal system. Imagine never having to shave again. Glorious!! And maybe I can pick up something for acne removal while I'm at it. Then Jack and Mo will have a weapon in their arsenal when puberty hits.

And since they offer a money-back, risk-free guarantee, the prospect of forking over over $300 is a lot less intimidating.

Then maybe my kids won't see growing up as a fate worse than a week with no video games.





Post a Comment