Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's a Bird. It's a Plane. It's #28 . . . Check


"I always admired Wonder Woman and the Incredible Hulk - but I don't know if I'd be a very convincing hulk."
--Lucy Liu

I haven't exactly been myself lately. I've felt worn out and overwhelmed. I'll chalk it up to cold (for South Carolina) weather and missing Grandmama. So when a talented artist offered to create a comic likeness of me as a superhero, it was a welcome diversion.

The artist is Michael Ramova of Chicago, Illinois. He and I have never met, but he asked a bunch of questions about me and managed to create a pretty convincing likeness of me. Therefore, I am checking off #28 on the bucket list.

I mean, the hair color is spot on. The super-me even has cowlicks, which I did not share with Michael and would have been okay with had he left them off. My eyes are blue. I have dimples. The boobs are giant. My waist is, in fact, 10 inches. And I strike that pose on a weekly, if not daily, basis (usually when I'm sitting on the couch with wet fingernails and I use my foot to reach the remote on the end table next to me).

All joking aside, it's kind of fun being a cartoon superhero. She's kind of my alter ego. When KB doesn't feel up to tackling a job, Super KB (I need to work on that name) totally does it for the good of all humanity (usually Stephen and the kids). KB doesn't feel like making dinner? No sweat, Super KB's got it covered! 

Faster than the drivers in the right-hand lane.
More powerful than 2 kids on steroids for croup.
Able to leap tall flights of stairs (as long as she goes slow and there's a handrail).
It's SUPER KB!!

Seriously, help me out with the name. Anything better than Super KB?
Post a Comment