Monday, January 23, 2012

I've Gone Bananas

"Never interrupt me when I'm eating a banana."
--Ryan Stiles


It's not so easy getting back into the swing of things after a huge loss. Blogging hasn't made the list of priorities for a few days now. I decided that maybe I was trying too hard to be uplifting and spiritual. I decided I needed to start small.

So today we discuss bananas. (Small enough for ya?)

Someone from Florida gave my parents some oranges, grapefruits and bananas . . . also from Florida. As in, from their backyard in Florida. So, of course, Mama shared. (God love her.)


I find the bananas shocking. They're so small and green. I can't wait until they're ripe and I can see the difference between a Florida banana and a Publix banana.

One of my Florida bananas looks like it has been stitched up on one side.


Jack said, "Wouldn't it be funny if we peeled that banana and there was a pickle inside?"

Yes, Jack, that would be funny.

So I will wait for these little gems to turn yellow (they do turn yellow, right?) and see what's inside. I hope it's not a pickle.
Post a Comment