Friday, January 27, 2012

Gifts From Heaven

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."
--Revelation 21:4-5 

Based on my studies, I don't believe that our loved ones in Heaven can see us here on earth. If there is no worry in heaven, then surely Grandmama cannot see some of the fool things I do down here. If she could, she would sit in her heavenly rocking chair and rock holes in the heavenly carpet. 

But I'm starting to think they can at least send messages here to us, because I have gotten several in the days since we buried Grandmama. Whether it was a particularly pink sunrise (pink was her FAVORITE) or the scent of her Caress soap in the aisle at the grocery store, I have experienced moments that I truly believe were meant just for me from Grandmama.

The most heart-stopping arrived via a fellow blogger. Kelsey at Tattered and Inked has offered some precious printables this week for Valentine's Day. The one for Monday took my breath away. It is an excerpt from a little song Grandmama used to sing to me all the time.

She would bounce me on her knees and sing:

I love you,
A bushel and a peck.
A bushel and a peck
And a hug around the neck.

Whew! I needed that!! So thank you, Kelsey. And thank you, Grandmama. You always gave the best gifts when I needed them most.
Post a Comment