Thursday, December 29, 2011

Patting Myself on the Back

"It's impossible to find an appropriate quote for this blog about muffins . . .  or bananas."
--KB

I made banana muffins. Like, from scratch (that's not even on the bucket list). And they are delicious! And I don't even like bananas. I just buy them because I think every house should have bananas.

I had 4 bananas that were getting too brown. So instead of just throwing them out, I got domestic and found a fabulous recipe in one of my cookbooks. I had all of the ingredients on hand. Well, except for baking powder, which I thought I had, but as it turned out, it was baking soda, so I used that, but then I worried that I shouldn't have because they clearly aren't the same thing, seeing as one is called baking soda and the other baking powder. But I can't tell you what the difference is because the muffins couldn't have come out any better.

Is there a difference? Or are they just named different things to confuse simple people like me?

Please say a prayer for my children who thoroughly enjoyed the muffins but were completely shocked that muffins could come from anything other than a mix. Amen.




Post a Comment