Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I Need a Bigger Bucket


"A man without ambition is dead. A man with ambition but no love is dead. A man with ambition and love for his blessings here on earth is ever so alive."

--Pearl Bailey


With the new year comes new items to the bucket list. I don't consider them "resolutions" because that seems like I'm just begging for failure and because these aren't things that I plan to accomplish in the next year (although I'm hoping I can manage to check at least a couple of them off the list).
  • Have someone draw a likeness of me in cartoon form. Not a caricature, but a cartoon likeness of me like Wonder Woman. (That'd be awesome!!)

  • Publish a book. It could even be self-published. I just want something tangible that I've written that future generations can read and realize what a cool chick I was. Maybe I could write a children's book. That couldn't be too hard, right? Five words per page? Yep, I could do that.

  • Bring awareness to the importance of organ donation.

  • Visit all 50 states. So far, I can scratch South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina, Georgia, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Alabama, and Ohio off the list, plus Washington, DC, which I realize isn't a state, but it has representation in the Miss America pageant, which is good enough for me.

  • Learn to fly a plane. And, maybe even more importantly, land a plane.

  • Have lunch (or dinner. I'm not picky.) with Morgan Freeman, Sandra Bullock, Betty White and Reese Witherspoon. Not necessarily at the same time (although that would be kinda phenomenal).

  • Manage my fibromyalgia through diet and exercise. No prescription meds!!

  • Provide the voice for a cartoon character (movie, TV show or video game).
Here's where you, my loyal and well-connected readers, come in. Help a sister out. Surely, one of you has a connection somewhere that can help me mark some of these items (or the earlier ones in the sidebar to the left) off my ever-growing bucket list. Even if it's just to offer me encouragement or advice.


The plan is to mark some off before I add more. 



Post a Comment