Monday, November 28, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: Days 27 and 28 -- Olé


"Everywhere I have sought rest and not found it, except sitting in a corner by myself with a little book."
--Arthur Helps



I sat down yesterday to read a book. It doesn't sound like a major achievement, I know, but because I read all day long for work, I don't always feel like reading when the work day ends. (That's probably why you can find all kinds of whoopsie-doodles in these blog posts.) I need to do better because I really love books. When I crack open a book, I feel like I've gone to my own private retreat where I can escape for a bit. The best books are so interesting that they keep me from editing as I go. When I read a boring book, I'm always restructuring sentences and moving paragraphs around. A great book makes me forget I'm reading and lets me just enjoy the story or forces me to look at something from another perspective. So . . . yep, I'm thankful for books. What if I wrote one some day? That would be spectacular, wouldn't it? I feel my bucket getting bigger.


Oh, how I wish I were a better photographer.
When I took the top off this container,
each item had a little golden halo,
and I heard a host of angels singing the Hallelujah Chorus.
Tonight, my Stephen stopped on his way home from working late to pick up Mexican food . . . just because I wanted some. I'm uber-thankful for him, obviously (duh!). But I'm also pretty darn thankful for Mexican food. What's not to like? It hot and spicy, ooey gooey and comes in a nifty container that keeps its awesomeness awesome. Of course, now I feel like a fat toad, but this is the price I pay to have something to write for you fine people. 


You're welcome.




Post a Comment