Monday, November 14, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: Days 13 and 14 -- Memories (or Lack of Memory)


"I've a grand memory for forgetting."

--Robert Louis Stevenson

Oh, y'all, I did it again. I forgot to update yesterday. Sorry. Again. I can't believe I forgot, because I am a list maker. I have little lists everywhere -- in the car, at my desk, sometimes even in the bathroom. 

So my thanks for November 13 is sticky notes. Just the yellow ones. The yellow ones mean business. The pink and blue ones are too cute to take seriously. If not for stickies, I'm sure I'd forget to pay the credit card bill, send an invoice, pick up the kids from school, breathe.

If I could just remember to write, "Update blog."
For the record, I also adore my red ball-point pens. There's something satisfying about editing a paper in red ink. It's much more satisfying than blue or black ink, and it's certainly more satisfying that making edits on a computer screen. 

Today, November 14, I am thankful for my parents and their marriage. Today is their 41st anniversary, and every day I am thankful for them and the example they have set for me. They've lived through health problems, "lean" times, and two teenage daughters (who probably caused the lean times) and rather than letting the stress tear them apart, the tough times have only made them stronger.

Congratulations on 41 years, Mama and Daddy! I love you and am so thankful for you.
Post a Comment