Thursday, November 3, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: Day 3


"The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world."
--William Ross Wallace


Today I am thankful that I can work from home. I've had an at-home writing/editing/proofreading business since before our oldest child was born. And every day, I'm thankful that I'm able to stay at home to be with my children. I so admire mothers who homeschool, but let's face it: I will never have the patience or discipline to do that. But my mother was always there to pick me up from school and hear about my day, and that's my favorite part of my day: finding out what great or horrible thing happened in the 8 hours they were away from me. It's very rewarding to know that I'm teaching my children enough about life and getting along with others that they can manage very well without me.

My partners in crime!

Sure, there are difficult days--when I can't focus on work or kids, when I feel like it's all a little overwhelming, when I can't believe I'm sharing office space with a La La Loopsy doll and assorted Nerf weapons -- but I wouldn't trade my situation for any other job in the world. All the good and tough times add up to a rock-solid relationship with two spectacular little people.

A special shout-out to Stephen for making it all possible. Woot! Woot!
Post a Comment