Tuesday, November 29, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: Day 29 -- Baby, It's Cold Outside

"Never take a job where winter winds can blow up your pants."
--Geraldo Rivera

As the end of November arrives, I am thankful for warm weather, something I have experienced none of today.

I live around Columbia, SC, one of the the hottest places on earth. And yet, I have been cold all day today. 

Don't get me wrong; I love winter. I love Christmas and fireplace fires. I love sweaters and jeans and boots.

I just wish it didn't have to be cold to enjoy them.

It was cold (45 F) and rainy here today. My feet are numb, my nose feels like an icicle and my sweater is just not thick enough to keep me comfortable.

But since I'm not one to complain (I see you laughing!), I'll focus on the weather I do enjoy.

Image: Stoonn / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Give me a 90 degree day with the sun beating down on my shoulders. Give me a day on a boat with frequent dips in the water to cool off. Give me a laundry basket full of shorts, beach towels and bathing suits instead of thick socks, heavy sweatshirts and (blast them!) tights!!

I'm looking forward to the holiday season, but I'll get through it by looking at pictures of past vacations and tropical locales.
Post a Comment