Saturday, November 12, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: Day 12 -- And We Danced

"How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of Peace."
--Romans 10:15

After watching a group of children and young men and women rehearse tirelessly for three hours to prepare themselves for a performance to benefit children with special needs, I am thankful today for  the folks at Turning Pointe Centre for the Arts.

What a blessing these young people are!

Some sing. Others dance. Still others act. But all are using their talents to help others, not to bring attention to themselves.

At the same time, I can't think of another time I felt quite so clumsy. These dancers prance around the stage on tippy-tippy-toes with ease and grace. I trip over the rug in my bedroom every single morning.

I encourage you to go see these young people serving their Lord with joy as they perform their production of "The Lovely Ducklings" on December 10 at The Township Auditorium in Columbia. All proceeds go to benefit The Therapy Place, a facility for children with special needs.

Mo's bedtime prayer tonight: "I'm thankful that [my teachers] are such good dancers and are willing to teach all of us. And I thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to be in The Lovely Ducklings to help children that weren't born with the luxuries I was."

Puh-leeze! Can I get a witness!
Post a Comment