Thursday, September 22, 2011

Item #28 . . . Laminate Myself

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds." --James 1:2


Nope, I've looked all over my bucket list, and I don't see a #28 anywhere. That's because, I learned today, laminating oneself is not a pleasant thing. I didn't do it on purpose, of course. I went to Mo's school to help the teacher out with copying, cutting, laminating, etc. It was all going swimmingly until the laminating machine ran out of film. Instead of finding one of the handy maintenance men, I decided not to bother them and tried to replace the film on my own. (Is anyone else seeing the red flags?)


I got the old roll off with no problem. So I picked up the new roll, placed it in between the notchy-thingies, got out the instruction manual to learn how to feed the film through the rollers, started feeding it through, and then realized all of a sudden that laminators get hot. Really freaking hot! I learned that they can reach around 300 degrees or so. I also learned that the smell of plastic cooking onto my skin does not complement the scent of my Sand and Sable Eau de Cologne.


Oh, and my precious grandmother, age 103, fell today and broke her hip. She is facing surgery tomorrow. One day soon I'll get into telling you about the role my grandmother plays in my family, but not today. Today, I'm praying over James 1:2:

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
Post a Comment